Cabinet Types: HWC Custom Cabinetry is unlike any other cabinet company you might encounter. Traditionally, there have been three cabinet types to choose from: custom cabinets, semi-custom cabinets and stock cabinets.
- Custom cabinets are typically the most expensive because you can get anything you want, and they are manufactured to fit your home in any width, depth or height needed.
- Semi-custom cabinets are just that – semi-custom. These will fall in the middle of the price range. They are typically offered in width increments of 3″ with a few variations on depth and height. Most semi-custom cabinet lines offer a larger selection of door styles and finish options than stock cabinets, but far fewer than the typical custom cabinetmaker.
- Stock cabinets are traditionally the least expensive of the three cabinet types. These typically offer few, if any, color and door style options, have a very limited range of size variations, and are always sold in width increments of 3″.
All Certified True32 Custom Cabinetry Manufacturers provide their clients with a custom cabinet designed and engineered to fit the surroundings. Cabinets are manufactured in any width or depth required for the application and in height increments of 32mm (1- 1/4″), from which the name True32 is derived. We offer literally hundreds of door styles and configurations as well as thousands of finish combinations, including glazing, antiquing and several levels of distressing.
Company Types: When it comes to how you go about purchasing cabinetry, there are several differing types of cabinet companies.
- First there is the designer showroom that will typically represent several lines of manufactured cabinetry, mostly of the stock and semi-custom type. These showrooms display the different brands of cabinetry they offer, but they do not manufacture the cabinets themselves. They are just one of many retail outlets for the manufacturer.
- Then you have local custom cabinet makers who design and manufacture their cabinetry. These companies vary greatly in their design and manufacturing capabilities and typically only serve a local or, on occasion, a regional area. They are known for their ability to make whatever you would like made and for offering an unlimited selection of colors, wood species, etc.
- Then there is HWC Custom Cabinetry. We are a certified True32 Custom Cabinetry Manufacturer. Certified True32 Custom Cabinetry manufactures are a diverse group of affiliated manufacturing plants spread out across North America that have the ability to design, engineer, manufacture, deliver and install your True32 Custom Cabinetry in a timely manner, and to offer you a product that provides an incredible value based on our extremely effective manufacturing methods. We integrate the best of lean and flow manufacturing methodologies into our processes, eliminating non-value added time and the typical work in process levels that drain traditional manufacturing companies’ resources (men, materials and machinery). In every case, you will be dealing directly with the manufacturer and, in most cases, directly with the owner.
We look forward to serving your cabinetry needs with unique designs and a product that is a rare value in this day of “me too” product lines.